Finding the cheapest international flights is more of a science than an art; you just have to know the tricks on how to find them. In this article I’m going to expose a handful of the best tricks you can use if you’re looking to fly out of the country.
1. Do your research. If you look online, you’ll find several websites that offer cheap international air tickets, many of which are priced way lower than the other “big” airline companies. Just search for these websites online and locate where you’re going to find the flight schedules and tickets. It’s as easy as that.
Also with international flights, it’s much more common to see air fares that are negotiated or unpublished, or even private fares. These are all avenues you can use for searching for the cheapest international flights.
2. Consult “destination specialists” or international travel guides. Using a travel guide is very beneficial to your wallet since these specialists can negotiate prices and travel with restricted routes. Their influence is something you’ll definitely want to take advantage of cheap international flights.
3. Talk to people that travel frequently. So many people think they HAVE to use a travel specialist, and in the process totally forget to talk to friends or relatives that travel regularly. It’s these kinds of people that are usually the best with locating the best or least expensive times to fly and can generally locate the cheapest international flights accurately. More than just flights, people that travel a lot are usually fluent with hotels, attractions, renting cars, and all the other factors you need to consider while travel internationally.
4. Watch out for pricing. With international travel, it’s very common to overpay for tickets by large margins. You need to know the factors that go into international flights. For example: how long is the flight? How are you flying (first class, business, economy)? Is it a direct route or are there stop-overs? These are all factors you need to consider, and usually you’ll be able to drop some dollars off your flight by selecting flights with as few options as possible.
5. Check out the smaller airlines first. The big airline companies have to jack up their prices because they do more advertising and thus need to recoup more money. They do this by raising their fares, something the casual flier doesn’t know about. To make sure you DO in fact get the cheapest international flights, just check out the smaller airline companies first. Just a basic Google search will usually pull up some very cheap airline ticket websites you can find great discounts on.
6. Plan ahead and buy your tickets early. While it can be beneficial to wait to buy your tickets, you also risk them selling out. Plan ahead and buy your tickets early. By ‘early’, I mean at least 3 weeks before your travel date. You should also take into consideration the peak season and off season of where ever you’re planning on traveling. The cheapest time to fly is by far the off season, which is when you’ll see the lowest prices on everything from hotels to car rentals at select destinations. Take the Bahamas for example: it’s going to be much cheaper to be there in January as opposed to June when everyone’s on summer vacation.
You’ll also want to fly on week days instead of weekends. Look for the cheapest international flights on Monday through Thursday. This alone can save you hundreds of dollars, especially if you get a round-trip air fare.
7. Look for vacation packages or deals. Vacation packages usually offer all your accommodations for discounted prices, including car rentals, hotels, your flight tickets and more. If you have to pay for each one of those separately you’ll be paying more than an arm and a leg, so try to find the packaged deals.
When you’re looking for the cheapest international flights, you always want to take quality and convenience into consideration. If you want to sacrifice things such as luxury seating, first class fares or service, or other flight accommodations, you’ll end up saving a substantial sum of money.
If you use all these little tricks, you’ll easily find the cheapest international flights. They’re out there, you just have to know how to find them.
Now keep in mind: these are only a handful tactics you can use to find a cheap flight ticket [http://cheapflightticketguide.com] and save money while you travel. Finding more ways to get discount flights is only a matter of creativity. See if you can find vacation packages or last minute/same-day discounts.